Powered By Blogger

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

28 April 2007

Rise and Shine

don't hate me because i'm beautiful
in response to the Rise and Shine Challenge i found on two of my favorite blogs 21st Century Mom and Not Born to Run i posted my own "Rise and Shine" photo this morning. ugh. hopefully you haven't choked on your morning coffee. it's blurry, sorry, but i didn't have on my glasses.
so today is saturday. it looks like we might have some rain finally. it has been so dry! yesterday when i came in from my run, my legs and shoes were covered in gray dust. #1 son is having a terrible time with allergies. poor kid is producing his body weight in snot. he really wants it to rain!
i did "real good" yesterday on my run. i went 34 minutes without stopping, and that includes a series of small hills. i ran from the Hornussen Club house, across the fields, down the street, across the other fields, down the paved road towards Kirchlindach, then through another field and into the little Buchsiwald forrest, and looped through. i ended by going up this last hill which i finally ran ALL THE WAY UP! i did NOT stop once. i have a special name for this hill, but it's rude, so i will only share with you it's initials: S.A.H. i conquered the SAH yesterday! mentally i was doing a victory dance, thrusting my arms in the air like Rocky, but physically i was sucking some major air. ha. not very cool. i think i scared the farmer's cows with my wheezing. once i composed myself, i walked for about two minutes, had some water, then continued my run back through the loop towards the Hornussen club house. i enjoyed myself (except for the SAH part).
today i'm thinking i will take a rest day, and just go for a long walk with miz nina. hope you enjoy your day wherever you are.





4 comments:

Crosstrain said...

Great run, congratulations! The Bern Grand Prix route looks like it has an S.A.H. of its own.

Laufenweg said...

Thanks Crosstrain!

...yeah..the Bern Grand Prix has a big ol'stinkin'really long S.A.H. i'm not sure i'll be able to get all the way up that one without walking.

in the meantime, my strategy is to continue adding on to my run, and hopefully being able to get all the way up my personal S.A.H. and to continue running by the time the Bern Grand Prix comes. well...it's a goal at least. we shall see!

Phil said...

Great run and congratulations for making it all the way up SAH without stopping!. Is that a "Lucy" pillow I see on your bed? No that's cool. Hope you get some rain .. we're use to the dirt and dust and the allergies that follow way out here on the desert; but I wouldn't expect to see the same in Switzerland.

Laufenweg said...

my favorite pillow case - it's PEANUTS and it says "happiness is being one of the gang." i've had it since i was a little kid.