Powered By Blogger

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

11 March 2007

today in the news


Hart Bridge
(aka the BIG GREEN MONSTER)
Jacksonville, Florida
my pal ctclady totally rocked her 15K yesterday at the jacksonville gate river run. not only did she finish TEN MINUTES FASTER than last year, she was able to run up that huge bridge without stopping! (the racers call it the big green monster. ha.) i'm so proud of her!! my friend, she's amazing!

in other news, i did my piddly little work out yesterday - week two of the couch to 5K program. but, let's face it, i rocked that too. i did the workout going up hill on the trails in the forrest near my house. it was a beautiful spring-like day! i had to skip some of my favorite trails though because they're logging back there. (Timberrrrrr!) once i finished my workout, i turned around and run most of the way back home, only stopping a couple of times to carefully step through some deep mud, and once to get out of the way of a car. i love the down hill part - my little reward.

and in family news, our daughter is arriving tomorrow for her spring break! looks like we'll have pretty good weather while she's here too. she's bringing a college girl friend of hers, who i call Mirambo (for fun). Mirambo just finished a tour in iraq. i'm so glad she's safe and sound. i'm looking forward to spoiling both the girlies.






in other family news, i just got the funniest email from my mother in florida. i have to share it:
I have a funny story to tell about working in the yard. Thursday
morning I was up in the middle of the seagrape tree on a ladder, thinning
out little branches. I want it to look a special way, not trimmed up
drastically as the "men" want it. Anyhow, someone is always giving me
lip about trimming the trees and climbing around in them. (I plan to
do it as long as I can.)

I heard a loud gruff voice say "GET ON THE GROUND....NOW!" I'm thinking Who's speaking to me THAT way?" When I peek out of the tree I see a police car at the corner and a cop screaming and pointing his gun at a big black truck on the road near our driveway. Finally the man in the truck gets out and acts
smart, so the cop is really screaming now. All at once 5 police cars roar up and
suddenly the man decides to cooperate. ha ha Anyhow, he gets arrested and placed in the back of a police car, and a policeman gets in the truck. That's when I see Billy the Karate Kid cat....in the truck.....and acting like there's catnip
there. So, I'm yelling, " WAIT, let me get my cat," as I scramble out of the tree. None of us could get ahold of him, but finally I went toward the house, and
called, "Billy, come get your medicine." That brought him running....as he loves that hairball Rx and always wants more and more. Everyone left in a hurry. The
neighbors are teasing us that things certainly get quiet around here after
we leave.....Well, I guess so.


billy the karate kid

3 comments:

susie said...

Enjoy the visit with your daughter...and her friend. They deserve to be spoiled:)
By the way, I lived in Karlsruhe and Mannheim --SO many years ago!

Ailimea (Jonna Emilia) said...

GO Billy the Karate Kid! :D Cool cat, I must say ^^

jeanne said...

that's a lot of news! your mother sounds like fun, and yay for your friend and her 15k. i can barely imagine walking over that bridge!

and it's a sad day when I have to get my local montgomery co news from switzerland! Yes, I was TOTALLY caught in a traffic jam this morning, but had no idea why. Stupid radio news..grrr.

i know jenifer st well. i LOVE that street. I looked at a teensy little house there a few years ago. of course, it was going for like $350k back then. god knows what it would get now! friendship heights is a cool place. stop by when you're next in town!

and have fun with your daughter and friend.