Powered By Blogger

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

28 March 2007

and this too shall pass

remember the photo of my yard this time last week? ha! we've enjoyed beautiful weather again the last few days.
i just found out we're moving again in the summer. this will be move #12 with Mr. Kicky McKickerson. where does the time go? tick tock
in regards to my running program, i'm back to where i was before i hurt myself in february. this is the time i really need to work if i want to be a serious runner. i'm still only able to run in 5 minute blocks of time. my goal is to work up to 20 minute blocks. so, my aim the next few weeks is to steadily increase my stamina. now i feel like i'm going to be working hard at this running thing this month. wish me luck!

4 comments:

Phil said...

I started running by walking. It took 3 months to go from walking 30 minutes 4 times a week to running 30 minutes 4 times a week. I know there are running programs out there to get you to 30 minutes, but I found that I only needed to add 1 minute a week to the run vs walk cycle and built up my stamina to run 30 minutes non-stop injury free.

jeanne said...

it takes time, but you are doing it. what phil said is quite right.

(thanks for the comment on my blog, but you did look CLOSELY at the photo, right?!)

L*I*S*A said...

You'll get there. A gradual increase will make all the difference. When I started, I was doing run/walk intervals of 2 mins. each. From there I increased my run time, decreased my walk time.

J~Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I did what you are doing just a few months ago. I still need to drop some of my walk breaks! You can do it!