Powered By Blogger

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

22 March 2007

my inner MOMness

i enjoyed my run yesterday. it was good. i felt really virtuous to be out there in the bad weather. it was blowing and snowing. luckily it had warmed up earlier in the afternoon and alot of the snow on the trails and sidewalks was gone, so really, there was no reason not to go.


i was feeling kinda down though. our daughter and her friend left tuesday at the crack of dawn to go back to school. it was really fun having them home for spring break. it's always sad to say good bye to her. the run was just what i needed to cheer myself up. i managed a bit over 4 miles in 56 minutes, including a one mile warm-up walk, and a few walking breaks. not too shabby for an old lady.



so, my number-one-child left tuesday. today is thursday and i hadn't heard a peep from her. so of course i complained to my best friend that i'm worried. ctclady tells me it's ok to do my MOTHER thing and call her. so i called the child. i called her dorm. i called her cell phone. i didn't get an answer, so i sent a text message via internet to her cell phone. i just wanted to know she was back at school and was ok. my daughter IM'd me not long after and said i called her during class and that no news was good news. well....not always. i needed NEWS. so there. she's still breathing. now i can relax.



but chiiiiild, please.

No comments: