Powered By Blogger

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

02 February 2007

most household accidents happen in the bathroom

the scene of the crime

walking out of the bathroom this morning after a wonderful hot shower.....

i caught my right pinkie toe on this ugly (yes! it's ugly! it's evil!) corner of the bathroom door as i walked out.

i hopped on my other foot into the hall way, dripping wet, wrapped in a towel, swearing, in shock, in disbelief, in pain, knowing that the horrible *pop* i felt was something going horribly wrong with the natural state of my foot.

i looked down at my poor little foot and freaked! my toe was sticking out at 90 degrees. sob. it hurt, indeed, but what flashed through my mind? that i wasn't going to be able to run today...or probably for a good while. boo hooo!

swearing some more, i hobbled, sobbing unconsolably, into my bedroom where i sat down on my bed and inspected my deformed digit more closely. i gritted my teeth and determinely grabbed it and gently but firmly pulled it into the correct position. i felt the bones settle back where they're supposed to be.

did i break the poor piggy? or did i just dislocate it?

i'm spending the day with my foot propped up, icing it. stay tuned. i'm so pissed.

on another note, i did run yesterday and did the final workout of the 4th week of the couch to 5K program. i'm so mentally ready to go on to the next level. i even dreamed of it last night. and...now this. i'm so depressed. sigh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty! Thanks for sharing! haha.
Chin up...take good care of it and you'll be back out there before you know it!

jeanne said...

thanks for the nice comment you left! hope you heal up soon. I hear that toe breaks heal quickly. good luck!