Powered By Blogger

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

05 December 2007

First Snow!

We had our first snow today. I was fortunate to be off work today, so I didn't have to be out in the horrendous traffic. We only got 1-2 inches, but, folks, gotta tell ya, people in northern virginia, just can't handle driving in the snow. I think it's mainly because there's just TOO MANY OF US here!

Did I get my run in? Absolutely! My running took a nose dive the last few days since I began my retail job. Being on your feet all day long is difficult. I would compare it to being able to run two miles. Then, you go out and run ten miles. You can get across the finish line, but you'll be tired and not to mention sore. Then, the very next day, you go run those ten miles again! And then the third day, another ten! You get the picture. You don't have time to recover. My poor feet! Ha.

So, I had Tuesday and Wednesday off. Whew. My feet needed it. Today I felt up to an easy run, so Miz Nina and I went out about 9:30 in the snow to follow the trails. I was in heaven! I love running in the winter. I'm so happy it's winter again!

Back to work for me Thursday through Saturday, but I have Sunday off. My daughter and I are signed up to run in a 10K in DC early Sunday morning. Can't hardly wait! Wish me luck with my tootsies!

All the best!

No comments: