Powered By Blogger

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

08 November 2007

have a nice trip!

Today when I went for my run it was only in the 30s. It felt really great! I hope you are enjoying the cooler temperatures like I am. I did my 5+ mile loop through the neighborhood. I was actually one minute faster today than on Monday when I was having my awesome run.
As I started out, I was admiring all the fall foliage as well as the left over Halloween decorations that are still out. I was intently examining that giant “Lebanese Cyprus” I like that’s on the right side of Majestic Lane, heading back up towards the shopping center. I was so engrossed in it, I stubbed my toe on the uneven sidewalk and went down! I did this really awesome Jackie-Chan double roll into that front yard, in front of some little kids holding their lunch boxes while their mom herded them into the family mini van. Before they could utter a word, I had already rolled my way back onto my feet and was trotting on down the sidewalk. Yeah. I meant to do that.

4 comments:

Ailimea said...

the kids absolutely thought "Sheee was sooooo coool, just like Jackie Chan!" ;)

Laufenweg said...

ha!! right! that's EXACTLY what they were thinking!

Phil said...

Nice tuck-and-roll Sallie. The last time I did that I cut up my knee but good! Happy to see that you came through unhurt.

Journey to a Centum said...

I also practice my tumbling on my training runs so I can be more proficient at falling during races. It helps build our cat-like reflexes and that cat-like attitude that emits "I meant to do that". My legs are bruised and scratched up from two falls on trails in the past two weeks.

It will probably astound you to hear that this Florida native really does not care about the 'noles or gators. I enjoy college football and follow the University of Washington games when I can. Perhaps that has more to do with the fact that my family moved a bunch of times because my father was in the Air Force.